;)

;)

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The car I'll always long for........

When I was four years old I took a ride with my father to pick up his new car. We drove to the middle of Willoughby Ohio to Halpert Plymouth and Dodge dealer to pick up his 1969 Plymouth Road Runner.
The Road Runner was jet black with a  black vinyl roof and a blue bucket seat interior, 383 and a auto counsel on the floor, 323 posi and air conditioning.
This is the first car I can remember, and I loved that car, still do !!!
When I was around 10, my poor sister got stuck with me on Friday nights, and being the mid 70's, everyone was street racing, and I was the little kid in the back enjoying every minute !!!!!!!
In 76 of 77 my sister go hit coming or of work, the fenders, quarters were mangled, but dear old dad sent it out to be rebuilt......
It was one of the faster 383 Road Runners around here, I only remember being beat once, buy similar engined cars.
To this day its my dream car, only I'd like a four speed.
Those day seem to be the most exciting days of my life, and if I ever find another 69 bird, for the right price, I'd buy it faster than you can say, oh shit !!!!!!!
;)
Oh, and if anyone want to trade a black 9 Runner for a 06 Mustang GT, let me know, I'll see if I can work out a deal !!!
Here the bad added Stang........

4 comments:

  1. That brings back memories. My dad had a 69 RoadRunner with the 440. I was 9 when he got it. It was scary fast to me at the time. The RoadRunner was totaled in 71 and dad replaced it with a 340 Duster Twister, another scary quick car.

    Tsquared

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've owned a 69, rust bucket, a 70 that needed every thing but was a western car and had minimal rust, its still on the road after I sold it on 88. And a 73 ,340.....
      I've had big black camaros, Chevlles and a Monte SS, but I still long fro a 9 runner with a 383 or a hemi.................

      Delete
  2. I've got a 2010 Ranger 4L standard I'll trade for that .... even trade is fine bye me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, already have a truck..... ;)

      Delete

Let me know how I'm doing, as long as your not a fucking liberal who believes that a little fairy dust will solve all the worlds ills .......;)