;)

;)

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A Story Of My Youth.......

When I was about 19 I bought a ragged out 69 Road Runner, it had serious problems, but I didn't care, I always wanted a 69, just like my fathers....
One night me and my buddy Steve were out, and the master cylinder goes, and you've ever been in that predicament you know the brakes won't work unless the pedal is completely on the floor, and then they don't work well......
So I'm limping it home and there was road construction on the freeway with blinking lights on top of orange barrels ..
Well I'm not sure if I turned around and got back on the freeway, but here we go by these barrels again....
Now Steve was a big old country boy, he could buy beer at 16, so I say, grab the baseball bat, stick it out the window, and we'll take out some of those barrels...
Well, Steve being Steve, he says sure, sounds like fun.....
So we're doing about 80, barely any brakes, and he braces the bat out the window, I get close to the barrels and WHAM....
Steve smacks his hand on the coupes rear window frame and I see a barrel fall..
If I remember, Steve's hand swelled up, and we nursed the old bird home.....
That night, some drunk took out about 30 of them barrels.....
I had a small park near my house, the same one I own now, and all our friends hung out there and drank, so we tell everyone what we did and we all laugh at Steve's hand.....
The next day a friend drives by the area where the barrels were, and they're flung everywhere, he finds me and asks if we were the ones that hit all the barrels, I say yup, proudly, but I didn't know about the drunk wiping out the whole batch.....
Needless to say after I saw the destruction, I had to tell everyone that we only hit one or two barrels, and someone else crushed the rest, but the younger kids never heard the truth, so in there minds, we were kings of the orange barrels..........

This Road Runner looks like the one I had, nowhere near as nice, but it was Hemi orange with a black hood, and a 383 four speed, it lasted about 6 months before the frame gave out and I wasted the timing chain..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how I'm doing, as long as your not a fucking liberal who believes that a little fairy dust will solve all the worlds ills .......;)