;)

;)

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Anderson AR-15 lowers no longer mil-spec? - The Firearm Blog

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/08/28/anderson-ar-15-lowers-no-longer-mil-spec/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=2015-09-01&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

Well, more bad news, it seems Anderson has found a new way to make money, a $.20 cent screw, with over $11.00 shipping, theses motherfuckers will do anything for a dime !!!!!
I own one AR, I built it from scratch and it preforms flawlessly, it has a CMMG upper and lower, a16" barrel, a Geissele trigger a Ares Arms chrome bolt and a quick detach 4-12 scope, I think that's about as tacticool as itll ever be. I went the floating handguard bullshit with removable rails, but the damn thing weighed as much as an M-14, fuck that, if I ever need to hump a couple miles through tough terrain, I sure as hell don't need 12-14 pounds extra, not including ammo....
So if your building an AR and its for a SHTF scenario, build it light, your back will thank you !!!!!
Oh, and if you really don't mind carrying around ball that weight, buy an M-1-A, put on one of those new folder stocks, scope it, and have at it !!!
Or just get a H@K 91, but the M-1-A is a much sweeter shooting gun, its like butter compared to a FAL or H-K.......
Just my opinion, and like an asshole, everyone has one........... ;)

4 comments:

  1. I read where Firehand needs a part that costs a pile more to ship than it costs, so the problem isn't just Anderson.

    http://elmtreeforge.blogspot.com/2015/09/theres-part-i-need.html

    Even here at the Mill, it is not uncommon to get a fairly hefty charge for shipping. Places are hurting all over, and they are trying to recoup costs any where they can. ie. - handling charges to pay for the guy to pull the part, invoice, and package it on top of UPS costs. It just isn't worth it to a company anymore to pull a guy to ship a part that doesn't reimburse the labor to walk across the floor to get it. Doesn't give a good impression of customer service, but that is the reality of our current economy.


    I also think that TFB is making a bigger deal out of this than it really ought to be. If this was a Spike's, CMMG, or RRA lower, I'd expect better . But, for a receiver that only costs 40 bucks, having to get my own washer or grind 1/8" off of the grip screw is the least of my worries. So long as the rest of the holes are within spec for the fire control group, mag-catch, etc; I could live with it.

    I'm with you on the useless tacti-cool doo-dads. Besides, a lighter weapon transitions easier from target to target. Ounces equal pounds, and pounds equal pain. I'm getting too old to be humpin' a ton of junk I don't need.

    Leigh
    Whitehall, NY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on the lightness, but I won't buy a cast receiver, forged or nothing !!!
      I had a cast once and it put a good sized Nick in it when I laid it on a concrete rest, so I spend extra on forged.. But shipping costs are getting outrageous........

      Delete
  2. I didn't realize they were cast. There again, you get what you pay for. I do suppose it would be better than a plastic one.
    The one I built was with a Spike's lower, and a DelTon upper kit. I couldn't have been any happier with the quality, and operation, of either.

    What increasing costs? Didn't you hear? There isn't any inflation to speak of. Not even a smidgen!
    (OMG, I can't believe I said that without throwing-up!)

    Have a great weekend, Mike.

    Leigh
    Whitehall, NY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything I read make me want to toss my cookies, you have a great weekend to bud....
      ;)

      Delete

Let me know how I'm doing, as long as your not a fucking liberal who believes that a little fairy dust will solve all the worlds ills .......;)